The Neel Corporate Governance Center focuses on the areas of corporate governance with strong implications for public policy. Such areas include board structure—including key board committees, such as audit; compensation policy; and institutional shareholder activism.
Click here for faculty experts in these areas.
Upcoming Events and News
- Neel CGC Speaker Series: Kayla Gillan, Leader, PwC's Investor Resource Institute, will be speaking on Friday, January 23, 2015, from 12:30-2 p.m. in the Haslam Building, room 402.
- Neel CGC Speaker Series: Marek Grabowski, Director of Audit Policy for the U.K.’s Financial Reporting Council and a board member of the International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (IAASB), will be speaking Friday, March 6, 2015, 12:30-2 p.m. in the Haslam Building, room 402.
- Neel CGC Speaker Series: Commissioner Kara Stein, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, will be speaking Friday, March 27, 2015, from 12:30-2 p.m. in the Haslam Building, room 402.
... past events
- Governor Bill Haslam to Speak as Part of Distinguished Speaker Series August 29
- UT Corporate Governance Center Named for Former Business Dean Warren Neel
- Joan Heminway: Miller Energy Compensation Draws Critics (Josh Flory, Knoxville News-Sentinel, April 17, 2014)
- Joe Carcello: BDO USA Chief Looks to Grow Through Deals (Michael Rapoport, The Wall Street Journal, March 12, 2014)
- Joe Carcello: Fake Profit E-Mails at AgFeed's Farms Back Fraud Claims (Dune Lawrence, Bloomberg.com,December 22, 2013)
- Joe Carcello: PricewaterhouseCoopers to Buy Booz & Co. (Michael Rapoport, J. Steinberg and J.S. Lublin, The Wall Street Journal, October 31, 2013)
- Joe Carcello: In the Accounting World, Resisting Sunlight (Floyd Norris, The New York Times, October 24, 2013)
... more news