The Neel Corporate Governance Center focuses on the areas of corporate governance with strong implications for public policy. Such areas include board structure—including key board committees, such as audit; compensation policy; and institutional shareholder activism.
Click here for faculty experts in these areas.
Upcoming Events and News
- Neel CGC Speaker Series: James (Jim) J. Leisenring, Senior Advisor to the FASB, and formerly both Vice Chairman of the FASB and a member of the International Accounting Standards Board, will be speaking on Friday, October 3, 2014, from 12:30-2 p.m. in the Haslam Building, room 402.
- Neel CGC Speaker Series: Troy Paredes, Senior Strategy & Policy Advisor at PwC and former Commissioner of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, will be speaking on Friday, October 10, 2014, from 12:30-2 p.m. in the Haslam Building, room 402.
- Neel CGC Speaker Series: Robert (Bob) E. Moritz, the U.S. Chairman and Senior Partner of PwC, will be speaking on Friday, October 24, 2014, from 12:30-2 p.m. in the Haslam Building, room 402.
- ... past events
- UT Corporate Governance Center Named for Former Business Dean Warren Neel
- Joan Heminway: Miller Energy Compensation Draws Critics (Josh Flory, Knoxville News-Sentinel, April 17, 2014)
- Joe Carcello: BDO USA Chief Looks to Grow Through Deals (Michael Rapoport, The Wall Street Journal, March 12, 2014)
- Joe Carcello: Fake Profit E-Mails at AgFeed's Farms Back Fraud Claims (Dune Lawrence, Bloomberg.com,December 22, 2013)
- Joe Carcello: PricewaterhouseCoopers to Buy Booz & Co. (Michael Rapoport, J. Steinberg and J.S. Lublin, The Wall Street Journal, October 31, 2013)
- Joe Carcello: In the Accounting World, Resisting Sunlight (Floyd Norris, The New York Times, October 24, 2013)
- ... more news